Hotel Photos
Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos
  • Hotel Summary

    Summary Page

  • Rooms & Prices

    Rooms From £75.00

    Book Online Now

  • Customer Reviews

    View Our Customer Reviews

  • Local Attractions

    Local Attractions near Us

Welcome to Castle Hotel

Address: High Street, Conwy, LL32 8DB

Hotel Description

Set in a historical coaching inn, Castle Hotel is a mile from Conwy Marina. Offering free parking, free Wi-Fi and cooked breakfasts, the hotel has elegant bedrooms and a traditional restaurant. Rooms at the Castle Hotel have period features and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Rooms also feature a TV, tea/coffee facilities and a work desk, and some have views of Conwy Castle. Dawson’s Restaurant serves traditional Welsh cuisine using fresh, local produce. The bar offers a range of beverages and snacks, and generous cooked breakfasts are served daily, with continental options also available. Standing on the site of an ancient abbey, Castle Hotel is just a few metres from the scenic River Conwy. Llandudno Golf Club is within a 10-minute drive, and Conwy Castle is just 300 metres away.

Our Facilities

  • Restaurant
  • Bar
  • Laundry Service

Rooms & Online Bookings - Castle Hotel

Hotel Reviews - Castle Hotel

Be the first to Write a Review!

Attractions - Castle Hotel

Plas Mawr Elizabethan Town House - Museum

Plas Mawr Elizabethan Town House - Museum

Distance 0.04 miles (0.07 km)
At the heart of Medieval Conwy stands Plas Mawr, the "Great Hall", built between 1576 and 1585 for the Welsh merchant, Robert Wynn. This richly decorated building is an architectural gem, possibly the best preserved Elizabethan townhouse in Great Britain. It dominates the town of Conwy with its gatehouse, stepped gables and lookout tower. This "worthy plentiful house" is especially noted for the quality and quantity of its ornamental plasterwork, now fully restored to its original splendour. Plas Mawr's authentic period atmosphere is further enhanced by furnishings, many original to the house, based on an inventory of the contents in 1665.The interior with its elaborately decorated plaster ceilings and fine wooden screens, reflects the wealth and influence of the Tudor gentry in Wales.