Hotel Photos
Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos
  • Hotel Summary

    Summary Page

  • Rooms & Prices

    Rooms From £115.00

    Book Online Now

  • Customer Reviews

    View Our Customer Reviews

  • Local Attractions

    Local Attractions near Us

Welcome to The Pheasant

Address: Bassenthwaite Lake, Bassenthwaite, CA13 9YE

Hotel Description

In a charming coaching inn, The Pheasant features a traditional restaurant, elegant rooms and free Wi-Fi. Just metres from the shores of Bassenthwaite Lake, the inn is a 10-minute drive from Keswick. Bedrooms at The Pheasant have modern bathrooms with fluffy bathrobes, power showers and free toiletries. Rooms also feature flat-screen TVs and luxury Egyptian linens, and all have scenic garden views. You can enjoy free access to a nearby spa with a pool, gym, sauna and hot tub, located 5 minutes' drive away. Limited spaces are available, please check with reception upon arrival. The restaurant serves a creative menu using quality local produce. The casual Bistro has exposed beams and real log fires, and offers light lunches, fine wines and ales. Cooked breakfasts are available daily. Situated at the north of the Lake District, The Pheasant Inn is surrounded by beautiful scenery and popular walking routes. There is free on-site parking available, and the coast at Maryport is a 20-minute drive away.

Our Facilities

  • Restaurant
  • Bar
  • Laundry Service

Rooms & Online Bookings - The Pheasant

Hotel Reviews - The Pheasant

Be the first to Write a Review!

Attractions - The Pheasant

Isel Hall - Historical Houses

Isel Hall - Historical Houses

Distance 3.13 miles (5.01 km)
The Elizabethan Range and fortified Pele Tower of Isel Hall dominates the landscape in its magical setting above the River Derwent. From the formal gardens the ground drops down to the river and offers views of the 11th Century Church and Skiddaw. Continuously inhabited since Norman times it passed from its original occupiers, the Engane family, their heirs and successors by family connections to the present owner. In Elizabethan times they were the Leighs and from 1573-1986 the Lawson family inherited. The last male heir of that family, Sir Wilfred Lawson, died in 1936 when it passed to his nephew, Hilton, and then to Hilton's cousin Mrs Margaret Austen Leigh, who died in 1986 and left it to the present owner.